Neck pain is any type of discomfort that you experience in your neck. Overuse, poor posture, and sleeping in the wrong position are some of the things that can cause neck pain. In most cases, neck pain in Chicago is not serious and will go away on its own.
Other Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Pain that gets worse when you move your neck
- Muscle spasms or tightness
- Decreased ability to move your head
How Can Neck Pain Be Treated?
The type of treatment that the doctor recommends will depend on what is causing the neck pain. Blood tests, X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs may be ordered to determine what is causing the neck pain. In most cases, neck pain can be treated with self-care. You can apply ice to the area, or you can also use heat therapy.
If your neck pain is caused by an infection, then you may be prescribed antibiotics. Additionally, you can try alternative therapies, such as acupuncture and chiropractic treatment.
How to Prevent Neck Pain
- Practice good posture: Make sure that you keep your shoulders straight while you are sitting or standing.
- Take frequent breaks: If you travel or work long distances, then you will need to take breaks on a regular basis.
- Stop smoking: If you are a smoker, then you are more likely to develop neck pain.
- Maintain a good sleeping position.
- Be careful when carrying heavy bags or objects.
- Adjust your computer chair and deck while you are working.
When is it Time for You to See a Doctor?
If you have had neck pain for more than a week, then it may be time for you to see a doctor. You should also see a doctor if you have a headache, fever, breathing problems, swallowing problems, or numbness in the area.
If you suffer from neck pain in Chicago and want to see a chiropractor, then you can contact Chicago Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centers at www.sportsinjurycenters.com.
Be the first to like.